Storms and waves, generated by Mother Nature, along with the growing number and size of vessels traveling along our waterways, can result in erosion of shorelines, canal and lake banks, wildlife habitats, bridge scouring and more. When it comes to stabilizing and/or repairing your shoreline, Geotubes offer an environmentally friendly, quick and easy solution.
Geotubes: Geotubes are manufactured from high tensile strength, premium polyethylene knitted fabric highly resistant to UV degradation and temperature extremes. The tubes are filled with sand or soil by dredging and pumping….very often the eroded sand or soil from the same area….then placed along the banks of the shoreline to prevent further deterioration of the property and plant life. Natural grasses and plants can grow directly in the Geotube for a finished look. Coston Marine Services can custom design the Geotubes to accommodate your property.
Here is a link to an interesting article on the installation of Geotubes in Winston Trails in Lake Worth by Coston Marine: http://www.flcaj.com/pdfdocs/winstontrails1.pdf
- Geotubes are a cost effective alternative when compared to traditional construction materials and methods.
- Fast installation with minimal impact to your property.
- Add value to your home by reclaiming lost property and preventing further erosion.
- Sod and natural vegetation can grow directly in the Geotube for a natural, finished look.
- Can be custom designed to accommodate a variety of needs, including pyramid stacking for greater strength and height.
Call Coston Marine at 561-747-4382561-747-4382 today to discuss a solution to your erosion issue. We also offer design, engineering and permitting services.